Cooperation based on trust
Good agreements make good friends. We try to explain our working methods to you in as transparent and clear a way as possible. If you have any questions, feel free to call us on +32 (0) 14 470 605.
General terms and conditions of purchase and sale for professionals
These are the general terms and conditions of sale, delivery and maintenance of Van Roey Automation NV, a company incorporated under Belgian law with registered office in Belgium at Steenweg op Antwerpen 101, 2300 Turnhout, registered under VAT BE 0457.553.651.
These terms and conditions also apply to any agreements that the Customer concludes with one of the following companies:
- Van Roey Backoffice BVBA
- Service center Webstore BVBA
- Logiqstar Belgium BVBA
- Logiqstar International BVBA
- Data Center Kempen BVBA
Hereinafter referred to as VanRoey.be.
1.1. These terms and conditions apply to all offers, quotations, agreements, deliveries, transport and invoicing made by VanRoey.be, and to all agreements between VanRoey.be on the one hand and the Client, non-consumer, on the other, insofar as there is no express written deviation from them.
1.2. Special terms and conditions with product or service-specific provisions as well as contractual terms and conditions may also apply for each individual product or service; in the event of a conflict between these General Terms and Conditions and the special terms and conditions of the goods- or service-specific agreement, the special terms and conditions shall take precedence over the General Terms and Conditions.
1.3. If the Client wishes to use the products and/or services of VanRoey.be for non-professional use, he must inform VanRoey.be of this beforehand in writing. If the Client fails to inform VanRoey.be beforehand, he will irrevocably be considered as a professional user, acting within the framework of his professional activities, regardless of whether or not he uses a VAT number.
2. OFFERS - TENDERS
2.1. All offers and quotations of VanRoey.be, as well as the information provided by VanRoey.be, are always free of obligation, are for information purposes only and are not binding on VanRoey.be. Unless expressly agreed otherwise, the prices quoted in quotations are valid for thirty (30) days from the date of the quotation.
2.2. An order/assignment from the Client is only contractually binding for VanRoey.be if VanRoey.be has accepted its contents explicitly and in writing. each order/assignment immediately constitutes a contractually binding offer on the part of the Client, also for its written acceptance by VanRoey.be. The use and/or storage by the Client of any product or the performance of services by or with the knowledge of the Client shall be considered as sufficient proof of the Client's order of such a product, the acceptance of these General Terms and Conditions, and the consent to use the products concerned.
3.1. VanRoey.be reserves the right at all times to make changes and additions to the product specifications previously communicated by VanRoey.be or to the service provided, in the event that these are the result of the technical evolution of the products/services or economic conditions. VanRoey.be guarantees, in the event of a change in the product specification, that the functionality and performance of the product or service provided will be as equivalent as possible.
VanRoey.be reserves the right to determine which employees are assigned to an assignment, as well as to replace these employees during the course of the assignment; in accordance with Article 31 §1 of the Act of 24 July 1987 on temporary work, temporary work and the posting of employees to users, the Client, its employees or agents may not give instructions to VanRoey.be employees and must refrain from exercising any form of authority over VanRoey.be's employees. The consequences of a breach of this prohibition shall be borne by the Client.
4. REFUSAL OF ENTRY
4.1. The Client undertakes not to directly or indirectly hire or hire as a consultant employees or former employees of VanRoey.be or its subsidiaries or sister companies. This provision applies both during the Agreement and for a period of twenty-four (24) months after expiry of the Agreement. The period provided for in the Agreement shall be decisive in this respect.
4.2. In the event of a breach of this clause, the Client shall pay VanRoey.be a lump-sum compensation equal to 12 months' gross salary of the employee or ex-employee, as the latter was paid by VanRoey.be, with a minimum of twenty-five thousand (25,000) euros.
VanRoey.be's prices are based on the values of wages and materials, foreign exchange rates, import duties, levies and taxes in force at the time of the offer/quote.
The prices for the payment services are fixed in the offer and/or in the service agreement between VanRoey.be and the Client. They are expressed in euros or in the currency agreed between the parties. The prices are fixed on the basis of an hourly/daily rate which may vary according to the level of the services to be performed.
The prices are set Ex Works: VAT and other taxes or levies, costs for communication, translation, training, travel and accommodation, and in general demonstrable advances, are not included in budgeted prices or rates, unless explicitly stated otherwise.
Unless otherwise agreed, shipping costs are not included in the price.
Costs for rush orders, rush deliveries or interventions are always at the expense of the Client. All additional deliveries of services made by VanRoey.be at the request of the Client shall be invoiced immediately and separately to the Client at the rates generally applicable at that time.
Each delivery of goods or services must be regarded as a separate transaction. Promotions relating to that delivery therefore do not affect prior or future deliveries, unless expressly agreed otherwise.
5.2. VanRoey.be reserves the right to adjust the rates of its products and services annually; if the delivery of all goods and/or services does not take place at the moment of conclusion of the agreement, VanRoey.be can change the indicated price if one or more of the composite cost price elements change, for example in the event of a price increase by the manufacturer or supplier; if the price as a result of this change increases by 20% or more, the Client can terminate the contract within five (5) working days after the announcement of the new price, without any right to compensation, by registered letter for those who have received the new price.
Licence fees and other fees consisting of recurring payments are indexed annually according to the following formula:
New Amount = Old Amount x (0.2 + 0.8 x (New Index/Contribution Index))
The index referred to in this formula is the "Agoria Wage Costs Index (national average)", referred to as the Agoria Index, which does not relate to the range of suppliers of VanRoey.be, as a result of which any price fluctuations of suppliers can be passed on to the Customer at any time.
A price adjustment based on the above formula does not give the Customer the right to terminate the Agreement without compensation in lieu of notice.
In the event that a fundamental change in economic circumstances (such as, but not limited to, changes in exchange rates, scarcity of the market, etc.) results in an unreasonable or disproportionate burden on VanRoey.be as a result of the execution of the agreement, the parties will renegotiate in order to agree on a fair amendment of the agreement together.
6.1. The delivery of goods by VanRoey.be takes place Ex Works. The risks related to the equipment are transferred to the Client at the moment of delivery. The Client insures the risks at his expense.
6.2. The delivery deadlines set by VanRoey.be are indicative and do not bind VanRoey.be. All schedules, deadlines and delivery dates provided by VanRoey.be have been drawn up on the basis of assumptions that VanRoey.be takes into account in this respect. Delays in delivery do not entitle VanRoey.be to compensation or to dissolution of the agreement. The execution depends on a number of uncertain factors and these time schedules, deadlines and/or delivery dates are therefore an indicative approximation.
Any complaint about the delivery, the condition, the operation and the conformity of goods and/or services must be notified to VanRoey.be by registered letter within five (5) working days after the delivery, failing which the complaint will lapse.
7. RIGHTS OF USE AND LICENCES
7.1. The amount owed by the Client for the right of use of the application software developed by VanRoey.be relates to the user licence of the application and to the legal maintenance of this application.
Excluded, however, are the changes in the legislation applicable to the software, which are so far-reaching that the architecture of the software needs to be fundamentally adapted, or in which various software modules need to be largely rewritten. In such cases, separate regulations will be drawn up with the users. The costs for such changes can be charged to the Customer.
7.2. Maintenance costs do not include the complete reprogramming of applications as a result of changed technological circumstances.
8. INSTALLATIONS AND INTERVENTIONS
8.1. Unless otherwise agreed in writing, the Client shall install the products and, in the case of installation by VanRoey.be, the Client shall provide all facilities necessary for the performance of the services (such as free access to the products and related products, documentation for diagnosis, electrical power, telephone, presence of the Client or a person designated or appointed by the Client who personally uses the products and who is aware of the Client's needs, etc.). Installation that cannot take place due to the absence of the aforementioned facilities shall be carried out by VanRoey.be.
9.1. All payments must be made within thirty (30) days of the invoice date, unless the invoice provides for a different term of payment, without any deduction or set-off, unless otherwise agreed in writing.
All current and future taxes and additional levies and costs, of whatever nature, related to the execution of the order, are at the expense of the Customer.
9.2. Invoices must be disputed within a period of eight (8) weekdays from the date of issue, otherwise they will be considered as accepted; if part of an invoice is disputed in good faith, the undisputed part will be paid immediately; after settlement of the dispute, all amounts due to VanRoey.be will be paid, including the interest mentioned below, from the day on which the amounts were due.
9.3. In the event of non-payment on the due date, interest of eight (8) % per annum is due on the invoice amount, ipso jure and without prior notice of default, from the due date until the date of full payment; furthermore, in the event of non-payment, ipso jure and without prior notice of default, a fixed compensation of ten (10) % of the principal sum, including VAT, with a minimum of €500, is due, subject to a higher compensation in the event that greater damage is demonstrated.
All relevant collection costs incurred by VanRoey.be as a result of late payment shall be borne by the Client.
10. RETENTION OF TITLE
10.1. Ownership of the delivered goods shall only pass to the Client when the Client has fulfilled all its obligations to VanRoey.be, and the transfer of ownership shall only take place after payment of all the claims arising from the business relationship with the Buyer; as long as ownership of the delivered goods has not been transferred to the Client, the latter shall not be entitled to dispose of or pledge the delivered goods or to encumber them with a right in rem.
11. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
11.1. VanRoey.be may provide three types of software in the context of the execution of services:
- Software owned by third parties
- Standard software owned by VanRoey.be
- Tailor-made software developed by VanRoey.be for the Client.
11.2. The intellectual property rights, of whatever nature, which VanRoey.be discloses to the Client within the framework of the execution of the order remain the property of VanRoey.be or the third party supplier. the Client guarantees that all documentation and information provided by it to VanRoey.be with a view to the execution of the order and its use is free of intellectual rights of third parties, and indemnifies VanRoey.be against any loss, damage, costs, expenses or other claims arising from an infringement of the intellectual property rights of third parties.
The Client acknowledges that the intellectual property rights of any kind with regard to the generic knowledge and know-how made available by VanRoey.be during the execution of the order is the property of VanRoey.be or third party suppliers and remains the property of VanRoey.be and that the Client shall be granted a non-transferable and non-exclusive right to use the software, under the terms and conditions of the software developer, and that the Client shall not be entitled to make any modifications or alterations to the software, nor shall it be entitled to disseminate the software to third parties, or to have the software used by third parties, even if the source code is available to the Client.
11.3. Unless explicitly agreed otherwise, the intellectual property rights to the results of the order shall remain the property of VanRoey.be. Even if agreed otherwise, the intellectual property rights to the results of the order shall only be transferred at the time of full payment of all invoices in connection with this order.
11.4. In the event that software owned by third parties is purchased directly by the Client from the third party supplier or is supplied by VanRoey.be, the delivery conditions, licences, guarantees, support conditions and other contractual conditions imposed by the third party supplier shall apply. VanRoey.be shall not accept any additional obligations in this respect, and the Client shall be required to read these conditions in good time and to accept and sign them.
11.5. Unless explicitly stated otherwise in a Special Agreement, a license price does not include any delivery costs, installation costs, training, special documentation or other services related to the software. If VanRoey.be installs software under a Special Agreement, this shall be deemed to be accepted at the end of the installation.
12. POWER OF ATTORNEY
12.1. In the event of force majeure, such as but not limited to e.g. war, mobilisation, riots, state of siege, strike or lockout, fire, lightning, overvoltage, total or partial stagnation of the communication apparatus, sickness or accident among VanRoey.be personnel, disruptions in the server room, problems with external hosting services, operational disruption, complete or partial paralysis or hindrance of its systems due to hackers or viruses, or shortcoming on the part of VanRoey.be's suppliers, VanRoey.be shall at all times cease or hinder its systems.
13.1. In the event that the agreement is unilaterally terminated by the Client, he will owe compensation to VanRoey.be equal to 25% of the agreed price subject to a higher compensation when higher damage is demonstrated, notwithstanding VanRoey.be's right to claim a higher compensation on the basis of the product-specific agreement.
13.2. VanRoey.be may terminate the agreement without prior notice of default and without observing any notice period or compensation if:
- the Customer is declared bankrupt
- the Customer is placed under provisional administration
- all or part of the Customer's goods or parts thereof are attached by third parties in a protective or enforcement order
- the Customer does not comply with his obligations
- the solvency of the Customer in any other way in the behavior, as a result of which the continuity of the service is no longer guaranteed
- the Client commits an act that may seriously damage the reputation of VanRoey.be
- the abovementioned release conditions exceed 30 calendar days.
This notwithstanding VanRoey.be's right to claim compensation for the damage it has suffered.
13.3. In the event of non-payment, VanRoey.be shall also be entitled, without notice of default and by operation of law, to suspend all further deliveries to the Client and/or to declare the current contracts dissolved, and to have the products delivered collected without delay at the expense of the client and to claim damages.
14. ACCEPTANCE AND WARRANTY
14.1. A complaint or protest against the invoice can only be taken into consideration if it is made in writing within a period of eight (8) days from the invoice date. All products, works and services are deemed to have been accepted by the Customer upon delivery.
14.2. The correctness of the delivery or service must be checked upon receipt by the buyer, who must check immediately upon delivery whether, among other things, the quality and quantity correspond to the requirements set by him and the indication on the delivery note or delivery note. The payment of the delivered products and services implies that the buyer accepts the conforming delivery.
If the Client purchases the goods, and collects them from one of our branches, the payment, or the signing of the invoice or another document, will imply the acceptance of the goods in the state in which they are located; if the Client observes a discrepancy, these must be mentioned as specifically as possible on the relevant transport document.
14.3 Any guarantee for hidden or unseen defects of goods is limited to the replacement or repair of the defective merchandise, as guaranteed by the manufacturer. No other compensation or reimbursement of costs or interest can be demanded in addition.
Consumables such as but not limited to batteries, cartridges/toners and fusers are excluded from any warranty.
14.4. All goods supplied by VanRoey.be are covered by the manufacturer's warranty, during which time the goods can be exchanged according to the manufacturer's terms and conditions in the event of non-functioning and must always be returned by the buyer in their original packaging, together with the original proofs of purchase. If the goods do not appear to be defective after inspection by the manufacturer, the client will have to reimburse VanRoey.be for the costs incurred.
14.5. Services are deemed to be accepted if the delivered services are not disputed within a period of five (5) working days. This provision applies, unless the service-specific agreement uses a different acceptance mechanism.
15. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
15.1. VanRoey.be shall under no circumstances be liable for any damage related to the use of the products supplied by it or of the related information and/or documentation, nor for any other damage which is not the direct and immediate result of an error on the part of VanRoey.be, such as, but not limited to, communication costs, loss of income, claims by third parties, loss of data, damage and/or defects due to materials or information provided by the Client or by third parties.
15.2. Unless explicitly agreed otherwise, VanRoey.be's services are obligations of means. The Client itself is responsible for the accuracy and completeness of the documentation and information provided by it. VanRoey.be can only be held liable for its own gross negligence during the execution of the services.
15.3. VanRoey.be shall under no circumstances be liable for defects in the material, hardware, peripheral equipment or software in which the products it supplies were implemented by or on the instructions of the Client.
15.4. VanRoey.be's liability in respect of direct damage shall be limited to compensation in kind; if compensation in kind is no longer possible, VanRoey.be's liability shall be limited to the amount covered in the case in question by the BA operation insurance and/or BA after delivery of VanRoey.be. If, for any reason, cover under the BA operation insurance and/or BA after delivery cannot be invoked, any claim for compensation in principal, interest and costs shall be limited to half the amount paid by the Customer for the goods.
15.5. The Client declares to have been fully informed by VanRoey.be regarding characteristics, operation, possibilities and limitations of use of the equipment and/or software, as well as regarding the problems of adaptation, installation/integration and expansion that may occur, and waives any claim against VanRoey.be in this respect.
VanRoey.be is not responsible for the choice and suitability of the equipment and/or software to obtain the intended results.
15.6. In case of installations or performances by VanRoey.be regarding external connectivity, VanRoey.be can in no case be held responsible for the consequences of the use of connections, nor for "hacking", misuse of information, damage or loss of data, the content of the website(s) of the Client and their conformity with existing legislation and regulations, quality of the telephone connection or the leased line, etc.
15.7. Costs charged by third parties can in no way be recovered from VanRoey.be unless prior written agreement has been reached.
16.1. Within the framework of the provision of services, the parties shall come into contact with each other's confidential information. The parties are therefore obliged to observe strict confidentiality with regard to all confidential information they obtain through the execution of the agreement, both during the execution of the agreement and after the termination of the agreement.
16.2. The parties shall guarantee and promote compliance with this obligation of confidentiality by all persons for whom they are responsible.
16.3. This confidential information must not be divulged or passed on to third parties.
16.4. This provision does not apply to information:
- which is or will be part of the public domain or literature, other than because of the other party's negligence;
- received from a bona fide independent third party who is not bound by an obligation of confidentiality with respect to such information.
17. WEB SALES
17.1. The following specific terms and conditions apply to web sales via Webstore.be or VanRoey.be to the extent and to the extent that they differ from the other general terms and conditions of purchase and sale of VanRoey.be.
17.2. The Client's order via webstore only leads to an agreement from the moment of full payment by the Client in accordance with the payment method indicated by VanRoey.be.
17.3. Delivery by VanRoey.be takes place either by handing over the ordered products to VanRoey.be's warehouses (collection by the Client) or by sending the ordered products to the delivery address indicated by the Client.
17.4. In case of shipment to the Client, the Client will owe the shipping costs to VanRoey.be if the amount of the products and services purchased through web sales is lower than € 50, including VAT.
18. ELECTRONIC INVOICING
18.1. Invoices will be delivered electronically via the delivery platform chosen by the Client. If the Client wishes to have his invoice delivered on paper, this can be done by simple request to email@example.com.
19.1. All our agreements with the Customer are subject to our privacy terms and conditions as they can be found on our website under the following conditions https://www.vanroey.be/voorwaarden under the tab 'Privacy'.
19.2. In those cases where the agreement includes the processing of personal data, and VanRoey.be will act as processor, our processing agreement will apply. The Client has a period of 14 calendar days to comment on this processing agreement at firstname.lastname@example.org If the Client fails to formulate such a remark, the agreement will therefore apply in full.
This provision regarding the processing agreement applies, unless the parties have explicitly agreed otherwise.
The Customer can find the link to the processing agreement at https://www.vanroey.be/voorwaarden under the tab 'GDPR'.
20. JURISDICTION AND APPLICABLE LAW
20.1. These General Terms and Conditions and all agreements between VanRoey.be and the Client are governed exclusively by Belgian law. The application of the Vienna Sales Convention is excluded.
20.2. The competent courts of the district of Antwerp, department Turnhout, are exclusively competent to take cognizance of possible disputes.
21.1. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions or of the agreement to which they apply is declared unlawful, void or unenforceable in whole or in part under the applicable law, this shall not result in the nullity, invalidity or unenforceability of the remaining provisions of these Terms and Conditions or agreement.
General terms and conditions of purchase and sale for consumers
These conditions apply to all offers, quotations, deliveries, transport and invoicing by Van Roey Automation nv (hereinafter referred to as VRA) to the consumer, and to all agreements between VRA on the one hand as the contracting party and on the other hand the consumer, insofar as there is no explicit and written deviation from these conditions, which always take precedence over conditions emanating from another contracting party or a third party, unless and only to the extent that it has been expressly agreed otherwise between the parties; consumer is understood to mean any natural person or legal entity who, exclusively for non-professional purposes, acquires or uses products or services placed on the market; agreements; and agreements.
2. OFFERS - TENDERS
All offers and quotations made by VRA, as well as the information provided by it, are always non-binding, are for information purposes only and do not bind VRA. Quotations only lead to a contract if they are confirmed in writing by both parties after acceptance by the purchaser. Unless expressly agreed otherwise, the prices quoted in quotations are valid for thirty (30) days from the date of the quotation.
VRA reserves the right to make changes and additions to the product specifications previously communicated by it at any time, if these are the result of the technical evolution of the products or economic conditions. In the event of a change in the product specification, VRA guarantees the equivalent functionality and performance of the delivered product as much as possible.
VRA's prices are based on the values of wages and materials in force at the time of the offer/quotation, foreign currency exchange rates, import duties, levies and taxes; VRA reserves the right to increase prices if one or more of the above price elements are increased; in the event of a price increase after the order has been placed and prior to delivery, VRA will contact the customer in order to inform the customer of this, in which case the customer has the right to withdraw from the contract at the time of notification of the price increase, without incurring any compensation or costs to the customer.
- The delivery takes place in principle from the warehouse in Turnhout, unless otherwise agreed in writing. Possible transport or shipping costs are, unless explicitly agreed otherwise, at the expense of the customer. The products are entirely at the expense and risk of the customer from the moment they leave the premises of VRA.
- If VRA is unable to meet the agreed delivery date for whatever reason - except for force majeure - the customer has the right to cancel the order.
- For sales to consumers, VRA refers to the applicable legal guarantee (see https://economie.fgov.be/nl/themas/consumentenbescherming/uw-rechten-afdwingen/garantie)
- Any commercial guarantees given by a producer are the sole responsibility of the producer and cannot be contradicted by VRA.
- In the case of monitors, defective pixels are not regarded as a defect but only as an aesthetic defect. Products are only exchanged if they contain a certain number of defective pixels as defined in the ISO 13406-2 standard.
- The consumables batteries, ink cartridges/toners and fusers are not covered by this legal guarantee.
- For adapters, a warranty period of 6 months applies.
7. INSTALLATIONS AND INTERVENTIONS
In the event of installation by VRA, the customer will provide all the facilities necessary for the performance of the services (such as free access to the products and related products, diagnostic documentation, electrical power, telephone, presence of a customer or a person designated by the customer who personally uses the products and is aware of the needs, etc.). Installation that cannot take place due to the absence of the aforementioned facilities will be invoiced separately by VRA.
- All payments must be made in cash upon delivery or collection, unless expressly agreed otherwise in writing.
- Payment shall be made without any possibility of set-off or discount.
- In the event of non-payment on the due date, interest of twelve (12) % per annum is due on the invoice amount, ipso jure and without prior notice of default, from the due date until the day of full payment. In addition, in the event of non-payment, ipso jure and without prior notice of default, a fixed compensation of ten (10) % will be due, with a minimum of €50.
- In the event of non-payment, VRA will also be entitled, without notice and by operation of law, to suspend all further deliveries to the customer and/or to declare the current contracts dissolved, and to have the products delivered collected immediately at the customer's expense.
9. RETENTION OF TITLE
The ownership of the delivered goods is only transferred to the customer if he has fulfilled all his obligations to VRA. As long as the ownership of the delivered goods has not been transferred to the customer, the customer is not entitled to dispose of the delivered goods, to pledge them or to encumber them with a right in rem.
A complaint or protest against the invoice can only be accepted if it is made in writing within a period of 8 days from the invoice date.
11. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- Under no circumstances will VRA be liable for any damage related to the use of the products supplied by it or of the related information and/or documentation, nor for any other damage which is not the direct and immediate result of an error on the part of VRA, such as, but not limited to, communication costs, loss of income, claims by third parties, loss of data, damage and/or defects due to materials or information provided by the customer or by third parties.
- Under no circumstances shall VRA be liable for defects in the material, hardware, peripheral equipment or software in which the products it supplies were implemented by or on the instructions of the customer.
- VRA's liability in respect of direct damage shall be limited to compensation in kind; if compensation in kind is no longer possible, VRA's liability shall be limited to the amount covered in the case in question by the BA operation insurance and/or BA after delivery of VRA; if, for any reason, cover under the BA operation insurance and/or BA after delivery cannot be invoked, any claim for compensation in principal, interest and costs shall be limited to half of the amount paid by the customer for the products or services sold under the relevant agreement.
- VRA is not responsible for the choice and suitability of the equipment and/or software to obtain the intended results.
- In the case of installations or services by VRA in connection with the Internet, VRA can under no circumstances be held responsible for the consequences of the use of the Internet, nor for "hacking", misuse of information, damage or loss of data, the content of the customer's website(s) and its compliance with existing legislation and regulations, quality of the telephone connection or the leased line, etc.
- Costs charged by third parties, can in no way be recovered from VRA unless previously agreed in writing.
12. WEB SALES
- 12.1. For web sales via Webstore.be or VanRoey.be, the following specific terms and conditions apply to the extent and insofar as they differ from the other general terms and conditions of sale and purchase VRA.
- 12.2. The customer's order via webstore only leads to a contract from the moment of full payment by the customer in accordance with the payment method specified by VRA. For the applicable legal consumer guarantees, VRA refers to http://economie.fgov.be/nl/consument/.
- 12.3. Delivery by VRA takes place either by handing over the ordered products to VRA's warehouses (collection by the customer) or by sending the ordered products to the delivery address provided by the customer.
- In case of shipment to the customer, the customer will owe an amount of €5.99 for shipping costs to VRA if the amount of the products and services purchased through web sales is lower than €20. In case this amount of the products and services purchased through web sales is higher than or equal to €20, the customer will owe no additional shipping costs to VRA.
- The delivery period of 30 days (in the case of availability of the ordered products) starts from the receipt by VRA of the payment made by the customer.
13. WITHDRAWAL PERIOD FOR INTERNET ORDERS
For any distance contract, the consumer has a period of at least 14 calendar days in which to withdraw from the contract, which he may exercise without penalty and without giving any reason; the consumer may only be charged for the direct costs of returning the goods in order to exercise his right of withdrawal; for the exercise of this right, the period starts to run for the goods and services, counting from the day after the delivery to the consumer; unless the parties have agreed otherwise, the consumer cannot exercise the right of withdrawal in the case of contracts: 1° relating to the delivery of goods and services; and 1° relating to the delivery of goods and services.
14. ELECTRONIC INVOICING
Invoices will be delivered electronically via the delivery platform chosen by the customer. If the customer wishes to have his invoice delivered on paper, this can be done by sending a simple request to email@example.com..
15. JURISDICTION AND APPLICABLE LAW
- These general terms and conditions and all contracts between VRA and the customer are governed exclusively by Belgian law.
- Disputes arising from these terms and conditions or from contracts between VRA and the customer can only be brought before the courts indicated in Article 624, 1°, 2° and 4° of the Judicial Code.
By entering into a Care+ contract, you agree to the terms and conditions, and Vanroey.be/Webstore.be's employees will only connect to your device if you give your express consent. Care+ is an annual subscription that must be renewed annually, and if you decide to terminate the contract, we reserve the right to remotely remove the installed programs from your computer(s), taking into account the fact that you may also no longer be protected against viruses, for example.
Safe Zone includes an extension of your warranty to a maximum of 3 years, covering not only hardware problems, but also accidental damage (Premium) and the corresponding working hours. our Omnium warranty also covers theft with burglary, which must be shown by means of a police report (PV), the duration of which is at least 12 months and at most 36 months, when you want to cancel the contract, you must do so by registered mail. Address: Cap Protection - Coe Protection - Coe, a contract with a minimum of 36 months, the duration of which must be shown by means of an official report (PV), and the duration of the contract, when you want to cancel it: Capture, a contract with a maximum of 36 months.
Agreement on the use of this site
By visiting the website www.vanroey.be the user tacitly agrees to the following terms and conditions of use.
The term "information" is understood to mean: All possible data, knowledge and information, provided by any means and in any form, including images, graphics, products, services, layout, software, music, sound, photographs ... This description is not exhaustive and also includes all possible other items.
3. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
- All information provided on www.vanroey.be is covered by all possible intellectual property rights (such as copyrights, drawings and models, the right to databases, ...), Copyright © 2007 Van Roey. All rights reserved.
- The users of the website www.vanroey.be acknowledge and accept that all information is and remains the exclusive property of Van Roey and its respective content providers.
- The distribution, sale, reproduction, publication, adaptation, adaptation, translation or use for commercial purposes of any information whatsoever, whether digital, on paper or in any other way, is strictly prohibited without the prior written consent of Van Roey Automation.
- Some names, signs, brands or logos appearing on the website www.vanroey.be or the sites of its content providers are registered and thus protected trademarks.
4. USE OF THE WEBSITE
The use of www.vanroey.be is limited to personal and non-commercial purposes. Any commercialisation of the information provided, in whatever form, is strictly prohibited.
5. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
www.vanroey.be tries to make all information as reliable as possible, and tries to check its sources as closely as possible, as well as to keep the data as up-to-date as possible. Despite all our care, www.vanroey.be cannot be held liable for, among other things:
- The correctness, completeness or suitability of the information made available to the users on www.vanroey.be, even if this has serious consequences, even if they have been informed in the meantime;
- The good outcome of any tips and/or advice given by www.vanroey.be or its content providers;
- Any direct, indirect, incidental damage or any other damage resulting from the use of the website www.vanroey.be or the impossibility of using it. In particular, Van Roey cannot be held liable for damage suffered as a result of a loss of use or of data obtained via www.vanroey.be or its content providers;
- The malfunctions, errors or interruptions in the electronic publications of www.vanroey.be and in those of its content providers;
In order to promote the convenience of its users, www.vanroey.be offers hyperlinks that are managed by third parties. These are examined as much as possible before being linked to www.vanroey.be However, www.vanroey.be cannot be held liable either for the content, or for the availability, or for the damage that may result from the use of these.
7. UNAUTHORISED OR PROHIBITED USE
By using the website www.vanroey.be, the user undertakes under no circumstances to use this site for illegal or unauthorised purposes. For example, the user undertakes:
- Respect all intellectual rights, both those of Van Roey Automation and those of third parties;
- To respect all human rights, in particular the right to a private life;
- Refrain from uploading or downloading any information that is unlawful, harmful, racist, obscene, sexist or for any other reason objectionable;
- No unauthorized advertising or publicity;
- No files infected with viruses, corrupted files or any other software or programs capable of damaging the operation of another computer, upload;
- Do not send or post unsolicited messages;
- Refrain from cracking, damaging or hacking the system of www.vanroey.be or any other system accessible via the Internet;
- Not to violate national or international laws.
8. RESTRICTION OF ACCESS
www.vanroey.be reserves the right to deny any user access to all or part of this website, and to the linked www.vanroey.be sites, unilaterally and without prior notice, for any reason whatsoever.
9. MODIFICATION OF THE PRESENT CONDITIONS AND PROVISIONS
www.vanroey.be reserves the right to change the terms, conditions and warnings under which this website is offered to you. As a user, you are therefore obliged to read the general terms and conditions of use each time you visit the site.
You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
www.vanroey.be attaches great importance to maintaining a confidential relationship between users and www.vanroey.be itself, which is why www.vanroey.be complies with the provisions of the law of 8 December 1992 on the protection of privacy with regard to the automatic registration of personal data, as amended by the law of 11 December 1998. Van Roey also respects the principles of the European Data Convention of 28 January 1981. www.vanroey.be collects data from its users for the following purposes:
- Delivery of the newsletter of www.vanroey.be;
- Promotional actions and marketing: offering information about products and services. However, the user reserves at all times a free right to object to the use of his/her personal data for marketing purposes via e-mail to email@example.com;
- The possible implementation of market studies;
- External use of the data: www.vanroey.be may pass on or resell the personal data of its users to third parties. These third parties are carefully selected by www.vanroey.be Each user reserves the right to refuse this service by following the instructions that www.vanroey.be will provide you with;
- Collection of data for internal affairs: management of the website www.vanroey.be , profile analysis of the users of www.vanroey.be in order to better align the website www.vanroey.be with its visitors;
- The use of 'cookies': miniscule pieces of information that are stored in the browser of your PC, which can only be read by the person who created the cookies. www.vanroey.be can possibly use these cookies, for example to make the use of the site easier or for administrative purposes. You can prevent the creation of such cookies by means of an appropriate configuration of your computer. Further instructions can also be found in the help function of your browser.
Any user with whom Van Roey has access to personal data may, subject to proof of identity (by means of a copy of the identity card) and a written, dated and signed request, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a written communication of his/her personal data, as well as for the modification of incomplete or incorrect data; in accordance with the law, the communication of the requested personal data within 45 days; for more general information, the Commission for the Protection of Privacy can also be contacted at any time at the Ministry of Justice, avenue de Waterloo 115, 1000 Brussels (02-542.02).
These general terms and conditions of use are governed by the laws of Belgium. You hereby acknowledge that any dispute arising out of or in connection with the use of this site or any of the linked sites shall be submitted to the jurisdiction of the courts of Brussels (Belgium).
13. ELECTRONIC INVOICING
Invoices will be delivered electronically via the delivery platform chosen by the customer. If the customer wishes to have his invoice delivered on paper, this can be done by simple request to email@example.com
Privacy: your data is safe with us
Your privacy is very important to us. In order to keep the collected data safe, VanRoey.be takes the necessary measures to protect your data. Through this statement we give you clear and transparent information about the collected data, how it will be used and with whom the information may be shared.
This Privacy Statement has been reviewed and last updated on 18/09/2019.
Contact details and Data Protection Officer
This privacy statement applies to the collection, management, use and sharing of your data by VAN ROEY BACKOFFICE BVBA, established in Antwerpseweg 116H – 2440 Geel - Belgium, registered in the KBO under number BE 0835.288.675, which acts as an umbrella organisation for the following companies:
- Van Roey Automation NV
- Service center Webstore BVBA
- LogiQstar Belgium BVBA
- LogiQstar International BVBA
- Data Center Kempen BVBA
Personal data may be passed on to any legal successors and associated companies for the same purposes as mentioned in this Privacy Statement, and your data may be handled by different departments within VanRoey.be, depending on the stated objective (e.g. accounting, marketing or sales department); for some aspects of the service we work with third parties or use subcontractors; the transfer of your data only takes place for the same purposes as at Van Roey Backoffice BVBA itself, and we see to it that these parties manage your data safely and respectfully.
In order to provide the best possible service, your data may exceptionally also be shared with external processors. If we do this, we will ensure that your data is processed and used confidentially and in a secure manner.
It is possible that your personal data may be shared with international institutions. By using our services, you give your explicit permission to share your data with these institutions. Of course, we also ensure that data is processed in accordance with our objectives and that data is not shared or processed in an unlawful manner.
In order to protect your data, a data protection officer has been appointed within the organisation. This position is filled in by Mr. Hoefkens Kristof, Kempenlaan 2, B-2300 Turnhout. You can contact him at the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Objective of processing and legal bases
This privacy statement applies when you, as a customer, supplier or in any other capacity, have contact with the various services of VanRoey.be.
Your data may be processed for a number of different purposes, including:
- Purchase/sale: of goods and/or services.
- Customer management: Informing customers, managing customer information with a CRM system.
- Direct marketing: to provide you with targeted communications, event information, promotions, offers and other advertisements.
- Supplier management: requesting information from suppliers, managing supplier information
- Staffing: Informing the client and candidate.
- (Financial) administration: handling your payments, in order to comply with legal obligations.
The following legal grounds apply to these processing operations:
- Permission: The permission will mainly be used in the context of Direct Marketing. In order to keep you informed about offers and promotions by e-mail, we need your permission. If you do not receive it yet, you can register via our website: https://www.vanroey.be/nieuwsbrief.
In those cases where your personal data are processed on the basis of your explicit consent, you can revoke your consent at any time, in which case we will stop the processing. Please note that if we are not allowed to process your personal data, certain services may not be able to provide you with further information.
- Preparation and implementation of the agreement: In order to bring the agreements entered into to a successful conclusion and to provide a correct service, it is necessary that we process certain personal data, such as your contact details and financial data.
- Legal obligation: Under applicable law, under certain circumstances we are obliged to process and store your personal data for a certain period of time, such as legal obligations in connection with invoicing.
- Justifiable interest: In this case, where your data is collected in a way other than in accordance with the consent, we process the data according to the legitimate interest of the data controller. Our legitimate interest relates to the optimisation of our service, in which case we do not process more data than is strictly necessary and we respect your rights to the protection of your personal data.
Categories of personal data
We process your personal data in the context of the aforementioned purposes, in which case we will only process the personal data that are necessary for the stated purpose. VanRoey.be undertakes not to use these data in a way that is contrary to these purposes or to this privacy statement.
For the above purposes, we may request, store and process the following personal data from you:
- Ordinary categories of personal data: Within the framework of the stated objectives, we will process ordinary categories of personal data. These include, but are not limited to, your contact details such as surname, first name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, etc.
- Behavioral data: In order to achieve certain objectives, we will, to a limited extent, process the behavioural data of our customers, such as, for example, the purchasing behaviour of customers. In this way, we prevent e-mails from being sent to a target group that is completely uninterested in certain products or services.
- Financial data: In order to ensure correct invoicing, it is necessary for us to process certain financial data of our customers. This generally includes company data such as SWIFT code, BIC code, bank name and account number. However, for both company data and financial data relating to natural persons, we give these data a special protection.
The personal data that are processed on your behalf are obtained directly from you as the data subject and, in order to perform certain services, more data may be requested. We undertake to process only those data that are necessary for the services provided to us and under no circumstances will special categories of personal data be processed; if you, as the data subject, provide us with such personal data yourself (as the data controller), we will assume explicit consent to be able to process them.
4. Protection of your data
In order to protect your personal data and privacy to the maximum, VanRoey.be takes all possible organizational and technical measures to protect it against unauthorized access, theft, accidental loss, manipulation or destruction. A team of Network Security Engineers is responsible for the security of our IT infrastructure and our employees are trained to handle confidential data correctly.
Should a data leak nevertheless occur, with unfavourable consequences for your personal data, you will be informed personally by the circumstances provided for in the law.
5. Viewing, correcting or having data deleted
As required by law, you have the right to access your data. You can ask us if we process personal data about you; what we process it for; what categories of data we process; what categories of third parties we share your personal data with; what is the origin of the data processed and what is the logic we use if we would process certain personal data automatically.
You can exercise your right of access in writing by sending an e-mail to email@example.comYour request will be answered no later than 30 days after receipt and provided that you have received all required information. In order to exercise your right of access and to prevent any unauthorised disclosure of your personal data, we may ask you to provide proof of your identity.
You also have the right to have incomplete, erroneous, inappropriate or outdated personal data removed or changed, for which you can always contact us by e-mail; we will then amend this information within the statutory deadlines if necessary; please note that sometimes, depending on your request, we are no longer able to offer you some services; as certain data are required by law to be kept for a specific period of time, not all of the requested data can always be removed.
In order to keep the information up to date, we ask you to report any changes to us.
6. Right to image
It is customary for us to make video or video recordings of those present at events. Every time we do so, we also take all measures to ensure that we respect your right to your image at all times. We therefore wish to inform you thoroughly about this so that you are aware of this possibility, and so that you know what you can do in this respect.
We would like to inform you that if you participate in an event organised by a company of the Van Roey ICT Group, there is a possibility that an image or video recording of you will be made, which can then be used as atmospheric images on our website or via social media. by participating in these events, you give us the explicit permission to make these images and to actually use or publish them, and we will always show the necessary respect for your personal life atmosphere.
If you don't want to be on a photo, you are always free to inform the photographer and he will take this into account.
If we publish a photo with you on it, and you object to this, you can always contact our Marketing Department at the following e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.orgIn this case, we will take the necessary steps to ensure that this is rectified as soon as possible. In order to comply with this right, we must of course be able to identify you, so please provide the necessary information so that we can deal with your objection as quickly as possible.
This possibility is of course without prejudice to your rights as provided in the previous privacy statement. You can also contact our privacy officers at any time.
7. Marketing Automation
VanRoey.be uses marketing automation to keep track of which pages on our website are visited, and which articles are looked at. In this context, only the IP address of the visitor will be registered, this processing will take place on the basis of the legitimate interest of our company, and the data in this way will not be further linked to other personal data.
Marketing cookies are only installed as soon as the visitor has given his/her explicit consent. Further data will only be linked as soon as the visitor fills in his/her data on one of the forms on our website. Based on this double consent, we try to protect the rights and freedoms of our visitors as much as possible.
These cookies are installed for a period of 1 year, after the visitor has given his/her consent. The data will not be kept longer than necessary for the purpose we have set.
8. Retention period
Data from customers, suppliers and other involved parties will not be kept longer than necessary. In doing so, we assess the necessity and take into account the legal obligations to which VanRoey.be is subject.
When personal data is archived, we respect the applicable legal and administrative requirements and we monitor the use of this personal data in our processing processes.
If you are not satisfied with the answer you received, you can also contact the Data protection authorityContact details can be found on their website.
- Van Roey Automation NV
- Service center Webstore BVBA
- LogiQstar Belgium BVBA
- LogiQstar International BVBA
- Data Center Kempen BVBA
When you visit and/or use our website, we place cookies or similar technologies with which we collect and process data (including personal data) about you. The cookies and similar technologies consist of:
|_ga||Statistical||Registration of a unique ID used by Google Analytics for data collection.||24 months|
|_gid||Statistical||Registration of a unique ID used by Google Analytics for data collection.||24 hours|
|_gcl||Statistical||Registration of conversions by Google Adwords||30 days|
|cookieconsent_status||Functional||Identify the permission to place marketing cookies.||12 months|
|_cfduid||Marketing||Cookie from ActiveCampaign to tag the user anonymously.||365 days|
|c_user||Marketing||Registration of a unique ID used by Facebook for data collection and marketing purposes.||3 months|
|Fr||Marketing||Cookie from Facebook to offer advertised products.||3 months|
|BizoID||Marketing||Cookie used by LinkedIn||179 days|
|UserMatchHistory||Marketing||Cookie used by LinkedIn||179 days|
|IDE||Marketing||Collects demographic properties and reports advertising information.||354 days|
|NID||Marketing||Registration of unique ID for targeted ads||6 months|
|prism||Marketing||Cookie used by ActiveCampaign.||30 days|
|SL_C_23361dd035530||Statistical||Cookie from Smartlook to collect anonymized qualitative data||365 days|
Chrome: http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=nl&answer=95647You can prevent the installation of cookies by adjusting your browser settings. You can remove the cookies already installed from your device at any time. You can find more information about this via the link behind your browser.
- Firefox: http://support.mozilla.org/nl/kb/cookies-in-en-uitschakelen-websites-voorkeuren?redirectlocale=nl&redirectslug=Cookies+in-+en+uitschakelen
- Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/nl-be/help/17479/windows-internet-explorer-11-change-security-privacy-settings
- Edge: https://support.microsoft.com/nl-be/help/10607/microsoft-edge-view-delete-browser-history
- Safari: http://support.apple.com/kb/PH5042
- Opera: https://www.opera.com/help/tutorials/security/privacy/
When you reject or uninstall cookies, certain applications may not work properly. If you want the site to function properly, but do not want marketing cookies to be placed, you can always configure a 'Do Not Track' request in your browser. All our marketing cookies respect your request.
- Chrome: Go to settings and click advanced settings. Scroll to the privacy section and select "Do Not Track".
- Chrome mobile: Go to settings and then go to the privacy section and turn on "Do Not Track".
- Firefox: Select Preferences>Privacy and check the checkbox " Do Not Track".
- Internet Explorer: Click the Tools button, then click Internet Options > Advanced. Select "Always Do not send Track Header".
- Edge: Go to settings and click advanced settings, then turn on "Send Do Not Track request".
- Safari: Go to Preferences>Privacy and check the checkbox "Ask website not to follow me".
- Opera: Click Preferences > Advanced > Security and select "Ask Websites not to follow me".
Our contact information:
The information in this e-mail is confidential and intended only for the addressee(s) indicated in the message. If you are not the addressee, we ask you to inform the sender and destroy the original and any copies unread. Disclosure, reproduction, distribution and/or provision of the information received in the e-mail to third parties is not permitted.
VanRoey.be is not responsible for the correct and complete transmission of the information in this medium or any delay in its receipt. VanRoey.be cannot guarantee that this email is free of viruses, or that it was sent without the unauthorized intervention of a third party.
VanRoey.be cannot give any guarantee or guarantee with regard to the correctness and/or completeness of the information in the e-mail message and can therefore not assume any obligations. VanRoey.be is obliged to exclude liability for direct and/or consequential damage resulting from the use of, or reliance on, this e-mail message and/or the content thereof.
No rights can be derived from this message - including the appendices - unless otherwise agreed in writing. Legally binding obligations can only be the result of a written document, signed by authorised representatives.
VanRoey.be & GDPR
On 25 May 2018, the new General Data Protection Ordinance (AVG or GDPR) came into force.
It is in our DNA to protect the data we manage in every possible way. Respecting your privacy and complying with AVG are also high on our agenda.
Do you have questions about how we respect GDPR?
DOWNLOAD OUR GDPR PROCESSING AGREEMENT
Microsoft Word doc (1.73 Mb)
Since you are a VanRoey.be customer, we act as the processor of your data. AVG obliges you (controller) and us (processor) to draw up a processing agreement, which must then reflect the mutual rights and obligations of the parties.
For this reason, we ask our customers to complete the processing agreement including its appendices (grey areas) and to return the signed document (as a pdf) to email@example.com..
Below you will also find some tips on how to fill in the agreement quickly:
- Please fill in the details. We have the Required fields grey ...made.
- Don't forget to take the supplements These contain the specific information about the processing that is carried out, and these will therefore form the framework in which we process your data.
- Please read the appendix for each individual processing You can think of managed services, security services, storage, hosting... In this way we can guarantee that both you and we have a complete overview of all relevant processing operations.
- The reference number This should be filled in as follows: HO-your customer number-1 for the first contract, HO-your customer number-2, for the second, and so on. If there are more than 3, you can copy the table and continue to use it. In this way we can guarantee a uniform overview.
- You can use your client number on your invoices.
- As soon as we receive your signed agreement, our General Manager will also sign this document and return it to you.